Saturday, February 18, 2017

Puzzling with Friends & Wine: The Journey Continues

February 21, 2017
Dianne is bringing a new puzzle.  This time 1000 pieces. We will be testing the new puzzle mat compliments of the TLT Group.  Thanks Sally and Steve!

The focus is on Australia and New Zealand



Menu:
Lamb meat pie: Beth Kost
Mesclun and Mango Salad with Ginger Carrot Dressing: Jan
Dover bread: Dianne
Pavlova with Kir Royale Sorbet: Beth

The wines:
I can't wait to try the Black Bubbles.

The Black Bubbles was a fan favorite. My favorite was actually the Pinot Noir from New Zealand.  It was a 2011 and sort of amber in color.  I liked how smooth it was, more smokey than berry.  My least favorite was the Chardonnay.  I would like to try another Chardonnay from this region before passing judgement.

The lamb meat pie was absolutely amazing and a super paring with the Shiraz. 

Cloudy Bay did not disappoint. I discovered that goat cheese and sauv blanc are delicious together.

No comments:

Post a Comment