This is a great dish to serve for breakfast with guests.
It is easy to make and delicious.
Serve with yummy bread and fresh fruit and juice.
3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 pounds Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup lean ham, cubed
7 large eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup flour
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt (Lawry's)
- Wipe mushrooms, slice then saute in a skillet with butter and onions over medium heat. Cook until moisture from mushrooms and onions evaporates. NOTE: This is an important step. If moisture is allowed to remain, the resulting dish will be watery.
- Put 1/2 of cheese on bottom of greased 9X13 inch glass dish. Distribute mushrooms & onions evenly over the cheese. Top with ham and remaining cheese.
- Refrigerate until ready to bake, up to 24 hours in advance.
- When ready to bake the casserole, break eggs into;blender and add milk, flour, parsley, and seasoned salt. Blend 30 seconds. Pour over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
from Elaine's Recipe Box