Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving Tapas menu, 2014

On this occasion I servd a variety of wines not so much wine pairings. The exception to that was the White Port from Prager. It was absolutely outstanding with the Pumkin Gratin. I am hoping Claire will help me with pairings for our Christmas Eve tapas event.

  • Pumpkin Gratin (thank you Ruth Reichl ;)) This will definitely be on the menu each Thanksgiving.
  • Hot Spiced Meatballs (mom's recipe) 
  • Blue Cheese Fig Wraps - I tried figs this year but am going back to dates.  I think the dates are sweeter and I love that sweet and salty combo)
  • Shrimp-Cilantro Lime (another Ruth Reichl recipe) I am going to capture this one. My new favorite way to make shrimp.  I love the sweet and spicy marinate/dip).  Excellent with a Rose. Served Revolver.
  • Guacamole with chips
  • Cheese and crackers
  • Kim brought deer sticks - a fan favorite 
  • Vanilla curd in mini fillo shells topped with whipped cream, also great with the Prager White Port. 
  • Bruschetta, French bread with basil pesto spread, a tomato slice and fresh mozzarella cheese
  • Veggies
  • Cashews 
  • We made vodka spiked cherry tomatoes and I forgot to serve them, they were great sliced in a veggie omelet. 

  A huge thank you to my friend Dianne who came over at 2:00 PM.  We had fun talking, preparing food and sampling wine.

Some items that didn't make the list but I would like to try: Candied walnuts, popcorn (suppose to be great with a Chardonnay), my brother Pat's crab cakes, pear brie and caramelized onions,  3 cheese walnut spread served with salted apple slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment