Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ginger Orange Tea

This recipe comes from "Moosewood Restaurant: Cooking for Health" @2009, pg 44.
I love making ginger tea in the morning before my 7:30 yoga class, especially in the winter. It warms me up. I am hoping Mike will give it a try.

Serves 2, Yields 2 cups, Time: 10 Minutes
 Claire gave me this cool container.
Keeps my tea warm.

Can be served hot or chilled.

1 rounded T. grated peeled ginger root (Note: I also add turmeric)
1 cup water
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 - 2 T honey

In a small sauce pan, bring the grated ginger and water almost to a boil, then cover and steep for 5 minutes. Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the ginger tea, pressing the liquid out of the grated ginger with the back of a spoon.

Stir together the OJ, lemon juice, honey and ginger tea. Reheat for a hot beverage, or chill and add ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment