- 10# organic turkey, followed this dry brine recipe. http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-dry-brine-a-turkey-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-212426
- Note from 2016. I used the same dry brine and then roasted the turkey upside down. It turned out very moist, just like they said in this recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/21422/upside-down-turkey/
- New dressing recipe, cranberry, sausage and apple stuffing http://allrecipes.com/recipe/9115/cranberry-sausage-and-apple-stuffing/ I love this and will make it again. Next time I want to add chestnuts in honor of my mom.😇
- Raw corn and radish salad with spicy lime dressing. http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/raw-corn-and-radish-salad-with-spicy-lime-dressing This is fantastic. I used black radishes so it was also very beautuful. I will definitely make this again.
- Sweet potato casserole is a must include at my Thanksgiving dinner.
- In 2016 I used the cranberry salsa as my side and love it. Mike had his favorite, jellied cranberries from a can.
- Cranberry relish. This was a new recipe via Claire and the folks at Silver Stag Winery. I so want to test their wine. Mama Parsley's Cranberry Compote:
2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp orange juice
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla
Cook in medium pan for approximately 5-7 minutes.
When berries start to pop, mash together.
Cool and serve.
- Apple pie for Mike. First thing on Thanksgiving morning I make pies for the church Thanksgiving dinner. Fun. Then a pie for Mike and then the dressing and finally the turkey.
Mike and I went for a walk after dinner. Light snow falling. Very beautiful. Feeling blessed. Missed the presence of family but enjoyed the quiet especially after a hectic fall of moving. Peace.