- Pasta maker. Borrowing one from Penny. Ordered a pasta drying rack. It is so cool. I definite must have when making pasta. This one accommodates a lot of pasta.
- Dianne brought a delicious puff pastry appetizer and some prosciutto wrapped moz
- Jan brought brochette
- Maggie brought a way cool cheese spread on tiny crackers with a tiny slice of tomato
- variety of olives cheeses and meats. veggies.
NOTE: it was a good thing I had made the pasta dough ahead of time. We had so much fun sipping wine and eating appetizers we would have skipped the pasta making. :)
Pasta recipes: will try a basic recipe and one with spinach. I plan to make the basic dough in the
Sauces to have on hand:
- basil pesto,
- bolognese (Note: I made this sauce the night before. The downside is that Mike discovered it and ate about half. Must be good. The smell was heavenly)
- marinara sauce. I added olives and red peppers as per Giada.
- marinara sauce. Dianne brought one that she had made. Super good and very intense.
- Fettuccine with butter, Parmigiano-Reggiano and Sage,
- Spinach pasta with artichokes and mushrooms
The wine. It was so much fun finding a variety of Italian wines
- Paringa is a sparkling Shiraz from Australia. Love bubbles to start the event. Not Italian but looked fun. Delicious. A touch of sweetness
- Casa Contini Brindisi Riserva 2011 is from the Puglia region, 100% Negroamaro
This was one of the favorites.
- I had to find a sweet red for my sweet wine loving friends so here it is, Pemene Falls 2012 made in Escanaba, MI at Leigh's Garden with UP grapes: Sabrevois and St. Croix
- Lange Nebbiolo 2013. Claire recommended finding a wine with the Nebbiolo grape. Very good
We did not get to these two wines:
- Tofanelli 2010 Napa Valley Charbono
- Brunelli Poggio Apricale 2013 is 100% Sangiovese from Tuscany