From Lauren Bossi at Plant Based on a Budget. Found on Care2 website http://www.care2.com/greenliving/fill-your-portobelly-sweet-potato-stuffed-mushrooms.html 11/11/2016
• Servings: 2
• Prep Time: 10m
• Cook Time: 55m
• Ready In: 1:05h
• 1 large sweet potato
• 2 large portobello mushroom caps (or 3 medium)
• 1 cup cooked wild rice (or sub for rice of choice)
• 2 T olive oil
• Salt and pepper to season
• 1/2 cup raw, unsalted pepitas
• 1 t 100 percent pure maple syrup + more for drizzling
• 1/2 t cayenne pepper
• 1.5 cups of spinach
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 450 degrees and lining 2 baking sheets with foil.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes (to make slicing easier, I softened mine by wrapping a damp paper towel around it and popping it in the microwave for 3-5min.)
3. Toss cubed sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and lay out on one of the baking sheets. Bake for 25-35 minutes, turning halfway through, until potato cubes are golden and slightly crispy.
4. While the potatoes are cooking, toss pepitas, maple syrup and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Lay seasoned pepitas on the second baking sheet and put in the oven with potatoes for 4-5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove and set aside.
5. Just before the potatoes are done cooking, remove from the oven and layer spinach on top. Put back in the oven for the last 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Lower the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Once the veggies are cool, in a separate bowl mix together the sweet potatoes and spinach with the rice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
7. Take your washed mushroom caps, brush both sides with oil, salt and pepper and place on the baking sheet (gill side up). Scoop rice and veggie blend into caps, mounding extra towards the center. Drizzle with olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper, and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and thoroughly cooked.
8. Once cooked, remove from oven and transfer to serving plate. Top with maple-spiced pepitas and a light drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!