Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes enough for 4.
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or another sweetener)
- 4 stems of kale, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 green (or red) pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped*
- sea salt, I used Himalayan salt
- Juice the lime into a jar and add the vinegar, oil, mustard and maple syrup. Sprinkle a pinch of salt in, put a lid on it and shake. Leave the dressing aside for the flavors to combine while you assemble the salad.
- Chop the kale and put it into a large salad bowl. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over it, and massage it with your hands until it starts to wilt. Add the broccoli, pepper and avocado to the bowl. Massage again with a pinch of salt to soften their flavors. (NOTE: I used too much salt the first time I made this dish and it was saltier than I would have liked. Next time, less salt.)
- Pour some of the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
The first time I made this dish I served it with a New York strip steak, sweet potatoes and a salad. Delicious!!! combination. Next time I want to pair with marinated mushrooms. (BD 3/17/13).