Saturday, March 18, 2017

Exploring Germany



We decided the save the Gruner Veltliner and Sylvaner for another day. I did add a Dornfelder.
Dianne supplied a cool tasting guide and we tackled the Reisling's first,
We started with the Kabinett and then the Spatlese.  Jan, approved of the Spatlese.

Beth made a delicious spaetzle which paired beautifully with the Kabinett. The cheeses supplied by Jan were amazing.












With our focus on Germany and my charge to make a dessert I contacted a family friend who lives in Germany, Alina and she gave me 2 ideas. The one I chose was Schwarzwälder Kirsch Torte  This recipe came from her Grandmother. It was a huge hit and a dessert I will definitely make again.

Thanks puzzlers for another great day of wine study and puzzling.


I did not care for the Dornfelder, too sweet. and was surprised at how earthly the German Pinot Noir was. I tried it again the next day with a hamburger and it was very good.  

I have had Gewurztraminer before but this one was a little sweeter than expected.  Diane said she enjoyed it when it was served a little cooler.



No comments:

Post a Comment