Friday, November 29, 2019

Thanksgiving 2019 - Cabin

November 2019, our first Thanksgiving while living at the cabin!!! Thank you to Tim and Judy Dailey, John Dailey and Lorraine Dailey for celebrating with Mike and I. 

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving week. After picking up the turkey on Monday I slide my kayak in the water. It was a balmy 45 degrees melting the ice that had formed earlier in the month.


On Wednesday we got about 5 inches of snow.









The next couple of days were spent working and preparing for the Thanksgiving feast. I could not have done it without the companionship and excellent chopping skills of Lorraine.

THE MENU
  • We started with Champagne, of course! 
  • Appetizers: Wonderful cheeses that Lorraine and John picked up in Monroe, WI. Cranberry salsa with cream cheese. 
  • 18# Amish turkey from 41 Market. Thank you Jim.
    I bought the turkey on Monday and massaged with a dry brine on Monday evening. I used this dry brine recipe from Kitchn. I roasted the turkey upside down in a convection oven.  It was the best turkey ever!!

  • Cranberry, sausage and apple stuffing  Next time I want to add chestnuts in honor of my mom.😇
  • Raw corn and radish salad with spicy lime dressing. I new favorite Thanksgiving side dish. I love the zesty flavors.
  • Sweet potato casserole is a must for Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Cranberries are king at my house.  I serve 3 different options:
    **Jellied cranberries from a can.  A must have for Claire and Mike.
    **Cranberry Salsa. I serve some over cream cheese as an appetizer and include a bowl of the salsa as an option.  It's a favorite of mine.

    **Cranberry relish.
      
    Mama Parsley's Cranberry Compote:
  • Mashed potatoes contributed by Tim and Judy
  • Dessert options:
    Apple pie
    . No one likes pumpkin pie in this crew.
    Raspberry sherbert with wine sauce and berries. Thank you Jacques Pepin
Friday was a perfect day for burning.



No comments:

Post a Comment