Sunday, February 13, 2011

Coffe Cake

My mom got this recipe from Dorothy Nylund and made it all the time.  When I make it I think of my mom.

Part 1:
Sift 4 cups flour
Add 1 tsp salt
Mix 1/2 lb margarine with above as for pie crust

Part 2:
1/4 cup milk (scalded then cooled to lukewarm)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp flour
2 pkgs. yeast
Mix this together and let rise to top of cup

Part 3:
Beat 2 eggs
Add 2 tsp sugar
1 cup warm milk (scalded, then cooled)
Add this to part 2, then mix the above with part 1

Divide into three parts and roll out like heavy pie crust. Spread with 1/2 lb melted margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar, and chopped walnuts or pecans.  I like to also add raisin or dried cherries.

Roll like jellyroll. Put in pan and cut lengthwise on top(not all the way through). Spread out with fingers and let rise double in bulk. Bake 350 degrees for 1/2 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment