Claire and Mike both love this dish, but I usually hold the green peppers.
3 cups frozen shredded hash brown, thawed. I make my own shredded potatoes and combine sweet potatoes with white.
1/3 cup butter melted
1 cup diced, cooked ham
1 cup shredded Swiss or Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup diced green pepper (optional)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
2 green onions, thinly sliced, including some green parts, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Press hash brown between paper toweling to remove excess moisture. Press into bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
- Drizzle with butter. Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine ham, cheese and green pepper; spoon over crust.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ham and cheese mixture. Sprinkle with green onions. Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees, 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.