Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Start to Finish Time: 30 minutes-1 hour
This is a very hearty muffin, full of fiber and delicious.
1 1/2 cups oat barn
1 cup flour, all-purpose
1 cup flax seed, ground
1 cup natural bran
1 Tablespoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 oranges, washed, quartered, & seeded
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the oat bran, flour, flax seed, bran, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the oranges, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and baking soda. Blend well.
- Pour the orange mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the raisins (white chocolate chips can be substituted for the raisins)
- Fill paper lined muffins almost to the top. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18 to so minutes, or until a wooden toothpick
- inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the tins